NEW YORK, NY and CLEVELAND, OH–(Marketwired – November 03, 2016) – Abeona Therapeutics Inc. (ABEO), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing therapies for life-threatening rare genetic diseases, today announced that CEO & President, Timothy J. Miller, Ph.D. will be presenting, and joining the Clinical Progress of Gene Therapy Panel, at the Alliance of Regenerative Medicine (ARM) 4th Annual Advanced Therapies Investor Day in London, UK.
The following are the specific details regarding Abeona Therapeutics Presentation & Panel Discussion:
Event: Alliance of Regenerative Medicine (ARM) Investor
Date: Thursday, November 3rd, 2016
Presentation Time: 1:30 pm UTC
Location: London, England
Clinical Progress of Gene Therapies Panel
Panel Timing: 2:15pm – 3:15pm
Timothy J. Miller, PhD, President & CEO, Abeona Therapeutics Inc.
Bernard Gilly, Ph.D., Co-Founder & CEO, GenSight Biologics
Sven Kili, M.D., VP & Head of Gene Therapy Development, GlaxoSmithKline
Nicolas Koebel, SVP Business Operations, Orchard Therapeutics
Silvia Priori, M.D., Professor of Cardiology, University of Pavia
Abeona Recent Highlights:
- November 1, 2016: Abeona announced Closing of its Underwritten Offering of Common Stock
- October 18, 2016: Abeona received Orphan Drug Designation in The European Union for ABO-102 Gene Therapy in Sanfilippo Syndrome Type A
- October 14, 2016: Abeona to presented Top-Line Data of Low-Dose Cohort for ABO-102 in Phase 1/2 Clinical Trial for MPS IIIA Patients at Orphan Drugs and Rare Disease Congress October 19-20th in London, UK
- October 7, 2016: Abeona announced Publication of Preclinical Data Supporting Clinical Translation of Juvenile Batten Disease Gene Therapy
- October 5, 2016: Abeona announced Data Safety Monitoring Board Approved ABO-102 Dose Escalation for Second Cohort in a Phase 1/2 Clinical Trial for Sanfilippo Syndrome Type A
- September 26, 2016: Abeona enrolled First Patient in Phase 2 for EB-101 Gene Therapy Clinical Trial for Epidermolysis Bullosa
- September 21, 2016: Abeona announced the exclusive worldwide license of the AIM™ AAV capsid portfolio for next generation gene therapies from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- September 8, 2016: Abeona enrolled 5th Patient in Phase 1/2 Gene Therapy Clinical Trial for Epidermolysis Bullosa
About Abeona: Abeona Therapeutics Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing gene and plasma-based therapies for life-threatening rare genetic diseases. Abeona’s lead programs are ABO- 102 (AAV-SGSH) and ABO-101 (AAV-NAGLU), adeno-associated virus (AAV) based gene therapies for Sanfilippo syndrome (MPS IIIA and IIIB, respectively). Abeona is also developing EB-101 (gene-corrected skin grafts) for recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa (RDEB), EB-201 for epidermolysis bullosa (EB), ABO-201 (AAV-CLN3) gene therapy for juvenile Batten disease (JNCL), ABO-202 (AAV-CLN1) gene therapy for treatment of infantile Batten disease (INCL), and ABO-301 (AAV-FANCC) for Fanconi anemia (FA) disorder and ABO-302 using a novel CRISPR/Cas9-based gene editing approach to gene therapy for rare blood diseases. In addition, Abeona has a plasma-based protein therapy pipeline, including SDF Alpha™ (alpha-1 protease inhibitor) for inherited COPD, using its proprietary SDF™ (Salt Diafiltration) ethanol-free process. For more information, visit www.abeonatherapeutics.com.
This press release contains certain statements that are forward-looking within the meaning of Section 27a of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to continued interest in our rare disease portfolio, our ability to enroll patients in clinical trials, the impact of competition; the ability to develop our products and technologies; the ability to achieve or obtain necessary regulatory approvals; the impact of changes in the financial markets and global economic conditions; and other risks as may be detailed from time to time in the Company’s Annual Reports on Form 10-K and other reports filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company undertakes no obligations to make any revisions to the forward-looking statements contained in this release or to update them to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this release, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise.