NEW YORK, NY and CLEVELAND, OH–(Marketwired – September 16, 2016) – Abeona Therapeutics Inc. (ABEO) a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing gene and plasma-based therapies for life- threatening rare genetic diseases, today announced that Abeona Therapeutics will be presenting The 2016 Aegis Growth Conference, September 21st at 1:30 pm MT.
The following are the specific details regarding Abeona Therapeutics Presentation:
Event: 2016 Aegis Growth Conference
Date: Wednesday, September 21st
Time: 1:30 pm MT
Location: The Encore, Las Vegas, NV
Room: Life Science
Abeona Recent Highlights:
- September 8, 2016, Abeona Therapeutics Enrolls 5th Patient in Phase 1/2 Gene Therapy Clinical Trial for Epidermolysis Bullosa
- August 29, 2016, Abeona completes Enrollment of Low-Dose Cohort for ABO-102 in Phase 1/2 Clinical Trial for MPS IIIA Patients
- August 9, 2016, Abeona announced a collaboration with the EB Research Partnership, EB Medical Research Foundation and Stanford University for the development of treatments for recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa (RDEB). Clinical results for the lead EB program (EB-101) were recently presented at the opening Plenary Session of the Society for Investigative Dermatology in May 2016, and Investigators atStanford are recruiting patients for a Phase 2 clinical trial of EB-101 in adolescents age 13 and older to determine the effect of type VII collagen gene corrective grafts on wound healing efficacy
- August 4, 2016, Abeona announced it had received European regulatory approval by the Agencia Espanola de Medicamentos y Productos Sanitarios for its Phase 1/2 trial for ABO-102 (AAV-SGSH) to be conducted at Cruces University Hospital (Bilbao, Spain)
- August 2, 2016, Abeona provided an update on the initial subjects enrolled in this trial, stating that ABO- 102 had been well tolerated with no safety or tolerability concerns identified through 30-days post- injection, and that encouraging signs of early biopotency had been observed in urinary and CSF GAG (heparan sulfate) measurements as well as potential disease-modifying effects in the liver and spleen
- May 24, 2016, Abeona announced the FDA Allowance of its Investigational New Drug (IND) for a Phase 1/2 clinical study with ABO-101 (AAV-NAGLU) for patients with Sanfilippo syndrome type B (MPS IIIB)
- May 17, 2016, Abeona announced that the first patient in its Phase 1/2 trial for ABO-102 (AAV-SGSH), a single treatment gene therapy strategy for patients with Sanfilippo syndrome type A (MPS IIIA), has been enrolled at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio
About Abeona: Abeona Therapeutics Inc. is a clinical stage company developing gene and plasma-based therapies for life-threatening rare genetic diseases. Abeona’s lead programs are ABO-102 (AAV-SGSH) and ABO- 101 (AAV-NAGLU), adeno-associated virus (AAV) based gene therapies for Sanfilippo syndrome (MPS IIIA and IIIB), respectively. Abeona is also developing EB-101 (gene-corrected skin grafts) for recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa (RDEB), ABO-201 (AAV-CLN3) gene therapy for juvenile Batten disease (JBD); and ABO- 301 (AAV-FANCC) for Fanconi anemia (FA) disorder using a novel CRISPR/Cas9-based gene editing approach to gene therapy for rare blood diseases. In addition, Abeona has a plasma-based protein therapy pipeline, including SDF Alpha™ (alpha-1 protease inhibitor) for inherited COPD, using our proprietary SDF™ (Salt Diafiltration) ethanol-free process. For more information, visitwww.abeonatherapeutics.com.