THORNTON, CO–(Marketwired – Jun 8, 2016) – Ascent Solar Technologies, Inc. (OTCQB: ASTI) (OTCQB: ASTID), a developer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art, flexible thin-film photovoltaic modules integrated into the company’s EnerPlex™ series of consumer products, announced today the Company’s flagship consumer solar product, the EnerPlex™ Kickr IV, was named to Men’s Health’ “Best New Gear for the Great Outdoors” list.
The Kickr IV is a compact portable solar charger built for performance, engineered from the ground up to be:
- POWERFUL: The perfect blend of size & power, 6 watt TRUE OUTPUT designed to charge most USB devices at the same rate as a wall outlet
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Solar-on-plastic technology makes the unit extremely light & flexible, weighing only 0.6lbs; perfect for camping, hiking or any other outdoor activity.
- RUGGED: Water resistant & designed for the harshest conditions. Able to withstand high impact shocks, drops and can continue to function even when punctured or damaged.
- Made in the USA: Leading and trusted American solar technology. Engineered and 100% made in Denver, CO.
- BEST dawn to dusk performance: Superior all-day performance & higher output in cloudy, overcast or shaded conditions compared to other technologies
- Built with the World’s Most Awarded Solar, one of TIME Magazine’s Top 50 Inventions
- Made for the MILITARY, originally designed for use by soldiers in combat theatres
About Ascent Solar Technologies:
Ascent Solar Technologies, Inc. is a developer of thin-film photovoltaic modules with substrate materials that can be more flexible and affordable than most traditional solar panels. Ascent Solar modules can be directly integrated into standard building materials, aerospace applications, consumer electronics for portable power or configured as stand-alone modules for large scale terrestrial deployment. Ascent Solar is headquartered in Thornton, Colorado. For more information, go to www.ascentsolar.com.
The EnerPlex Division represents Ascent Solar’s consumer-facing business and products. These products, many of which are integrated with Ascent Solar’s transformational CIGS technology, provide consumers with the ability to integrate solar into their everyday lives, while enabling them to free themselves and their electronics from the outlet. For more information on the EnerPlex brand and to see the product line, please visit www.goenerplex.com.
Statements in this press release that are not statements of historical or current fact constitute “forward-looking statements.” Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other unknown factors that could cause the Company’s actual operating results to be materially different from any historical results or from any future results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. In addition to statements that explicitly describe these risks and uncertainties, readers are urged to consider statements that contain terms such as “believes,” “belief,” “expects,” “expect,” “intends,” “intend,” “anticipate,” “anticipates,” “plans,” “plan,” to be uncertain and forward looking. The forward-looking statements contained herein are also subject generally to other risks and uncertainties that are described from time to time in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=3019108